The Chinese smartphone company ‘Xiaomi’ is known for its competitive smartphones at cheap pricing. Xiaomi is known for its availability of phones and expanding its range of products by introducing flagship killer smartphones. Diversifying products and launching new sub-brands has made Xiaomi, a significant Android smartphone manufacturer with availability across continents like Asia, Europe, and North America. The support team has multiplied its community and developed several third party forums to help its users.
The company has enormous growth of diversified smartphones which are based on user’s needs and are selling like a charm across different countries. They have managed to out rocket many big names in the industry and became the leading handset brand in India after replacing Samsung.
Xiaomi is a successful manufacturer and tends to provide everything at affordable prices needed to improve your handset. In these times, they also offer dedicated tools to users who want to root or unlock the smartphone bootloader.
What is the Xiaomi Flash Tool?
If you are looking for a tool that allows you to flash any Xiaomi stock firmware on your device, then it is developed by Xiaomi. So, there are no issues encountered while using.
This Mi Flash tool is for all Qualcomm powered Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones on which the tool can be used to flash MIUI fastboot ROMs. It erases and writes the firmware while working over the fastboot connection. This Xiaomi Mi Flash tool can be used as a software to restore stock firmware and allows you to manually upgrade your device firmware resulting from overcoming boot looping issues.
Before you move forward and download the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool, you need to know about some requirements that this software needs.
Xiaomi Mi Flash tool: Features
- The tool is easy to install and comes with an installer and a portable application which gives you two different options. Either you can install or directly launch the software using its mobile app.
- Xiaomi Flash tool consists of inbuilt drivers like USB, Google ADB, Microsoft MTP, Nvidia drivers are many more. You can install these tools manually while operating the software.
- The tool provides you with multiple flashing options, and thus you can use three-way flashing like Flash all, Flash all except the storage and data or Flash all except the storage.
- The tool allows you to connect multiple devices, and thus you can use the Xiaomi Flash tool to flash multiple devices at once.
How to flash MIUI fastboot ROM using Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
Whenever your Mi device is bricked or soft bricked, the best method to flash MIUI is to fastboot directly from your PC. Format supported for fastboot MIUI ROM comes in two formats: .tz and .tgz.
Following is the complete guide to flash MIUI fastboot ROM using the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool.
Useful Download Links
Download the Latest Versions of the Mi Flash Tool for free of cost from the link given below.
- v20181115: Download | Mirror
- v20191030: Download | Mirror
- v20191111: Download | Mirror
- v20191206: Download | Mirror
- Uninstall the outdated version before installing the latest flash tool version.
- Make sure that you have windows operating system 7 or above.
- Only the Qualcomm supported devices of Xiaomi and Redmi can be used.
- Unlock the bootloader prior to using the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool.
- Enable the developer option by navigating to Settings>> About phones >> Tap 7 times on the MIUI version.
- Enable USB Debugging and to carry out this process you need to navigate settings>>developer option>> enable USB debugging.
Install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your Windows PC/Laptop
- First, you need to download the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool.
- Extract data from the zip file.
- Double-tap on ‘MiFlashSetup.msi.’
- Click on the Run button when it prompts with a window warning.
- Xiaomi Mi installer window will appear, click on the run.
- To install the Mi Flash tool, follow the steps mentioned by the installer.
How to install fastboot ROM using the Mi Flash tool on Windows?
- You need to have the latest MIUI fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi or Redmi device.
- Extract the ‘.tgz’ downloaded the ROM file to an accessible location.
- Switch off your device completely.
- Enter the ‘fastboot mode’ by holding the power and volume down button together.
- Connect your device to your PC or laptop via USB cable.
- Open the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool and refresh it to confirm that your device is detected successfully.
- Click on the select option and navigate to the data where you have extracted your firmware.
- Select the flashing mode.
- Hit the flash button to install fastboot ROM on your device.
Congrats! You have successfully installed the Mi Flash Tool on your device. Now, your device will ‘Reboot’ and ready to use.
We hope that this guide was helpful to install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool to flash your Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone.
Please share your thoughts and ask for any queries in the comments section.
Cheers !! Stay Home! Stay Safe!